9.11.10

Cookbook love, and five minute roast potatoes (really!)


Illustrating cookbooks is one of my favourite types of work. As is working for friends. When a friend writes a cookbook it´s a wonderful double whammy that makes it the best possible job.
This is "Nami-Nami kokaraamat", or The Nami-nami cookbook, written by Pille, blogger extraordinaire, dear friend and embassador of all things to do with Estonian food.
I haven´t checked out the recipes because the text is in Estonian, so all I can vouch for is one of them, which you can find here.

The recipe I´m sharing to day comes from this video , where Jamie Oliver mentions, in passing, a method for roasting new potatoes in the microwave for four minutes before grilling them for another couple of minutes with olive oil and herbs.
I tried it this morning, heating the grill (broiler over the Atlantic) while the potatoes were in the microwave.
People, this is a keeper. They were great, crunchy crispy outside, soft inside and truly quick. Wonderful. I can´t wait to try it with other vegetables.

7 comentarios:

stephen dijo...

thanks for sharing. .cool! another dose of yummy recipes

xps dijo...

Hay que mandar inmediatamente un ejemplar a Anchuras de los Montes, of all places. Me encanta lo contentos que están todos.

Stacy dijo...

I just tried the sausages with balsamic glaze—brilliant! How nice, as you say, not to have all the smoke and splatter of frying the sausages. (A little confession: when cooking with oil I usually heat the pan first and then add the oil afterward. I wasn't thinking and out of habit heated the pan before adding the balsamic vinegar. The whole kitchen is covered in vinegar splatters... ::sigh::) (Note to self: next time have the glass of wine afterwards.)

And how lovely for you to collaborate with a friend on a cookbook! The cover illustration is wonderfully cheerful—I especially love the child stretching over the table to reach the goodies!

Pille dijo...

Dear Ximena, your a best foodie friend ever, really :)

Anónimo dijo...

yumo

XOXO,

http://outfitidentifier.com/

Anónimo dijo...

Does your site have a contact page? I'm having trouble locating it but, I'd like to send you an email. I've got some suggestions for your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great website and I look forward to seeing it develop over time.
Feel free to visit my page - http://surfbrands.net/

lobstersquad dijo...

surfbrands, you can find my contact email in my website, linked on this blog in the sidebar.
but if it´s advertising, no thanks, I like the clear white look on the blog.

Share